What is Radiesse?
- Radiesse is a dermal filler that restores a natural, youthful look. It softens creases and folds, fills facial volume loss, and contours and builds up areas such as the nose, chin, and cheeks.
What is Radiesse made of?
- Radiesse is made of unique calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in a natural gel. It is identical in composition to the mineral portion of teeth and bones.
How does Radiesse work?
- Radiesse is injected just below the skin’s surface. These microspheres form a foundation to support and stimulate the growth of your own collagen. Over time, the microspheres gradually break down and are safely and naturally absorbed by your body.
What should a patient do prior to treatment?
- Like Restylane, try to avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications.
How soon can I expect results?
- The results are immediate.
How long will the results last?
- Radiesse typically lasts a year or more.
Is Radiesse safe?
- Yes, as shown through years of clinical studies and independent research. Radiesse is FDA-approved and safe.
How is a Radiesse treatment performed?
- Apply cold compresses immediately to the injected areas to help reduce swelling.
- Radiesse injections have little or no downtime, with most patients returning to normal activities soon after treatment. Make-up may be applied shortly following the injections.